The English Premier League club Manchester United has refused to sell playmaker Philippe Coutinho, as they believe the talented Brazilian can take them to new heights. This also means that Barcelona are no longer looking at him or any other player in a bid for the Catalans’ signing window which closes on August 31st.
Manchester United has rejected Barcelona’s proposal to sign Philippe Coutinho, instead preferring a move for Ajax midfielder Davy Klaassen. Read more in detail here: manchester united news.
Discover all of the significant transactions and see how we ranked the biggest acquisitions during the summer transfer season, which was unlike any other. Even if the window is closed until January, the rumors will continue to circulate. Here’s the most recent rumors and conjecture.
Man United want De Jong, not Coutinho, according to the latest news.
According to El Nacional, Manchester United are not interested in acquiring Philippe Coutinho from Barcelona and instead prefer Frenkie De Jong.
Barca president Joan Laporta is alleged to have met with Manchester City executives while traveling to explore a possible transfer for Ferran Torres.
He had intended to sell Coutinho, who is disliked by Xavi Hernandez, but the Red Devils have apparently said that they do not want him.
While Edinson Cavani was also mentioned, United was eager to show their desire to sign De Jong.
The Netherlands international is seen to fit in well with new coach Ralf Rangnick’s style of play, but the Blaugrana will not accept United’s initial bid of €55 million. The fact that De Jong joined Barcelona for €86 million and has a deal that extends through 2026 emphasizes this argument.
As a result, the Catalan club will not even consider negotiating until the Red Devils make a bid in excess of €70 million.
Despite establishing that bar for discussions, Barcelona have no intention of selling De Jong, who Xavi sees as a key part in the team’s development.
However, because of the club’s financial condition, Laporta will consider any proposals that come his way.
– FC 100: Where do strikers Ronaldo and Mbappe rank? – LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, and more on ESPN+ (U.S.) – Watch ESPN FC every day on ESPN+ (U.S. only)
After being offered Philippe Coutinho, Manchester United has allegedly notified Barcelona that they want to sign Frenkie De Jong. Getty Images/Eric Alonso
GOSSIP ON PAPER
– According to The Sun, Amadou Haidara of RB Leipzig may be Rangnick’s first Manchester United acquisition, while the Red Devils are also keen in Aston Villa’s John McGinn. Because the futures of Paul Pogba, Jesse Lingard, and Donny van de Beek are in question, they are searching for midfield reinforcements, and McGinn’s performances for club and country have attracted the attention.
– According to The Sun, Paris Saint-Germain are interested in signing Wolverhampton Wanderers left-back Rayan Ait-Nouri for £30 million. The club’s scouts have advised that the 20-year-old be signed, and they may try to do so in January. Nuno Mendes is now on loan from Sporting Lisbon in Paris, but Ait-Nouri is a prospective replacement.
– According to Ekrem Konur, Chelsea and Arsenal are both interested in Paris Saint-Germain forward Mauro Icardi. The Argentine has had bids from Italy, where he formerly played for Sampdoria and Internazionale, and might leave PSG as soon as January.
– According to The Sun, Everton are prepared to sell Jordan Pickford in order to raise finances, with Tottenham Hotspur showing interest. However, it is reported that their proposed price might be a stumbling block, as the Toffees want £30 million for the England international. Spurs are willing to pay his £100,000-per-week salary, but the transfer fee would make this a costly move for them.
– According to the Daily Mail, Leeds United are likely to sign Espanyol forward Mateo Joseph Fernandez ahead of Liverpool, Manchester City, and Barcelona. They demanded £420,000 for the 18-year-old at first, but increased their bid and reached an agreement ahead of a January transfer.
– According to Football Insider, Joe Rodon wants to leave Tottenham Hotspur in January because he feels forgotten by Antonio Conte. So far, the Italian has only given him 54 minutes of playing time, and he is eager to depart on loan or permanently.
Watch This Video-
The “ralf rangnick” is the man who has been in charge of Manchester United since 2012. He is one of the most successful managers in football history, and he has a great track record with players.
- man united manager
- man united vs crystal palace
- premier league
- premier league table
- fc barcelona