The Apple Watch 2 was launched today, with a new design and the ability to use LTE. The company also announced that it has been in talks with Google on improving app discovery within the App Store. Meanwhile, Mars will experience its first solar eclipse this month, which is expected to be visible from Earth soon after sunset. Today’s events prove there is never a dull moment when it comes to technology news
The “wear os app store” is a new feature in the latest update for wear OS. It allows users to search and download apps from the App Store.
A prototype of the Pixel Watch was accidentally left behind at a restaurant in the United States. Many of the rumors about Google’s first wristwatch, including as the crown, a hidden button, and a minimalistic design, seem to be genuine.
According to analysts at security company TrendMicro, numerous hackers have started hitting servers in an effort to install crypto-mining malware after the recent disclosure of the Springshell vulnerability. Apple’s App Store has issued a warning to developers that applications that haven’t been updated in a “substantial length of time” would be actively removed, giving developers 30 days to update their apps.
Last but not least, astronomers using NASA’s Chandra X-ray observatory found evidence of black holes near the centers of 29 of the 100 galaxies they studied. NASA has recently published video of a solar eclipse from the surface of Mars taken by the Perseverance Mars rover.
Stripe enables crypto payments in USDC, according to the latest news.
- A prototype of the Google Pixel Watch was discovered at a restaurant in the United States, and it seemed to be in accordance with current rumors about the watch, including the crown, a hidden button, and the minimalistic appearance.
- It’s probable that the watch, along with the Pixel 7 series, will be unveiled during Google’s I/O next month.
- A source told AndroidCentral that the watch might be a prototype for the Pixel team’s internal testing.
- According to 9to5Google, code buried within a Google update suggests the watch would use an Exynos processor rather than the Snapdragon present in most Wear OS 3 compatible watches.
- The band seems to be proprietary as well, like Apple Watch sports bands.
Thanks to AndroidCentral for the tip.
- Spring, one of the most popular Java frameworks for enterprise-level applications, has a vulnerability that is being regularly exploited to install crypto-mining malware on servers.
- Between April 1 and April 12, security company Trend Micro logged over 700 attempts per day to exploit the SpringShell vulnerability.
- On April 3, the number of tries reached a high of approximately 3000.
- The number of successful attempts is unknown at this time.
- The company’s researchers also discovered attempts to install the Mirai botnet using SpringShell.
- Spring framework versions 5.3.18 and 5.2.20 or above may be used to fix the problem.
TrendMicro via Ars Technica, with thanks.
[email protected] is deleting a couple of my old games from the App Store since they “haven’t been updated in a long time.”
Games may exist as finished products! These free projects are completed artworks from years ago and are not appropriate for updates or a live service model. pic.twitter.com/iflH70j7q4
April 23, 2022 — emilia (@lazerwalker)
- Developers who haven’t updated their applications in “a substantial length of time” have been told that they would be withdrawn from the app store unless they do so within the next 30 days.
- The impacted applications will be withdrawn from the App Store if no updates are received during this time, although any already downloaded apps will stay on customers’ devices.
- Several app developers, particularly those with games that may be enhanced, have stated their reservations about the initiative, claiming that games can exist as finished things.
- Google’s Play Store also stated earlier this month that applications that don’t target an API level within two years of the most recent major Android update would have their visibility limited.
- Android app developers have until November 1, 2022, to upgrade their applications, but they may seek for an extension of six months.
Thanks to The Verge for the tip.
The four galaxies’ black holes are shown by blue dots. © NASA Chandra X-ray Observatory
- According to a recent analysis published by NASA’s Chandra X-ray Observatory, black holes have the potential to kill hundreds of stars as they expand.
- In a scan of over 100 galaxies, 29 were found to have black holes around their centers.
- The group has published four photos of distinct galaxies, NGC3344, NGC 6503, NGC 1385, and NGC 1566, taken with the Hubble Space Telescope and overlayed with Chandra images indicating several black holes in these galaxies.
- According to the research, the black holes responsible for this star annihilation are stellar-mass black holes fueled by “stellar growth,” as defined by astronomers.
- The Astrophysical Journal released a publication on the researchers’ results.
BGR with thanks to Chandra X-Ray Observatory.
- NASA has published film of the most zoomed-in Martian solar eclipse yet captured by the Perseverance Mars rover.
- Phobos, one of Mars’ two moons, passed in front of the Sun during the eclipse, which lasted about 40 seconds.
- Because Mars’ moons are tiny and don’t completely obscure the sun during eclipses, the moon’s shadow may be seen in front of the Sun.
- Perseverance’s Mastcam-Z camera, which specializes in shooting zoomed-in images and movies, was used to record the film. In addition, the camera can shoot 3D photos and record high-speed video.
Samsung Galaxy M53 5G launched: Price, specifications, and release date
When he’s not writing/editing/shooting/hosting all things tech, he streams himself racing virtual vehicles. Yadullah may be reached at [email protected], or you can follow him on Instagram or Twitter.
The “universal smartwatch app android” is a new feature that will allow users to download apps from the Google Play Store onto their Pixel Watch. The App Store has also been updated with more features and improvements.
- best smartwatch app for android
- best apps for wear os 2021
- best wear os apps 2022
- apple removing apps from app store 2021
- smartwatch apps